If you’re thinking about where to stay in Phu Quoc, you’re in the right place because we’ll talk about some of the best accommodations to book when you decide to visit this part of Vietnam. But before we dive into the topic, let’s get to know this Vietnamese wonder that makes it an unforgettable spot in the Southeast Asian country.
Phu Quoc is known to be the largest island in the whole country. Some of the highlights of this destination are its white-sand beaches with some parts covered with lush green forests. You’ll also have plenty of chances to commune with the country’s nature through activities such as scuba diving, kayaking, and trekking. But you won’t be able to enjoy your vacation to its fullest without knowing where to stay in Phu Quoc.
WHERE TO STAY IN PHU QUOC
That said, we’re sharing with you the following accommodations, from resorts to hostels, so you can pick the one that suits you best.
Best Resorts in Phu Quoc
Going for the best Phu Quoc accommodation makes sense. You don’t want to end up ruining the mood of your vacation at a sub-par hotel. If you’re specifically looking for the best resorts around the area, here are some of the top picks for you to check out:
VinOasis Phu Quoc
Having its own water park, VinOasis is the best place to stay in Phu Quoc if you’re with your kiddos. VinOasis is an all-package. Apart from the regular features, there are so many entertainment facilities to enjoy. If you’re feeling lucky, you might want to try your luck in one of the slot machines.
You can also learn more about the Vietnamese tradition by watching cultural performances at the Corona Theater.
- they have their own theme park, which makes the resort a kid-friendly choice
- high-speed Wi-Fi for their guests
- international cuisine is available
- amenities for a meeting are available
- The check-in process could be a little bit faster
Seashells Phu Quoc Hotel and Spa
This Phu Quoc accommodation is situated in front of a beach, making it a great place to stay if you love being near the sea. Aside from that, this resort is centrally located, giving its visitors convenient access to nearby establishments such as the international airport, bars, restaurants, and shopping centres.
You can also stay fit while enjoying your vacation by utilizing their in-house fitness centre, and if you need to relax, head on to their spa and get the rejuvenation you deserve most. One of the most unique temples in Vietnam is just down the beach from the resort – see the last entry on this list.
- The Turtle Kids’ Club is an excellent feature if you want to bring your kids with you
- Choose between city view rooms or rooms with the view of the ocean
- Conference facilities excellent for business meetings and other formal events
- The soundproofing of each room needs to be improved
- The swimming pool could be bigger
Sol by Melia
If you don’t care about being near the city centre, Sol by Melia is a great five-star resort in Phu Quoc. It has a massive outdoor pool, a private beach, and a great view of the sunset.
Previous guests were impressed by its cleanliness, amazing staff, comfortability, and great facilities. Everything you need is available on-site.
- The resort is in front of the beach
- Great for couples or family
- In-location restaurant and spa services
- Very quiet surrounding
- Far from the city centre
- It’s front beach but as usual, non-guests are walking through the beach
Eden Resort Phu Quoc
Another resort in Phu Quoc boasts of a beachfront feature where guests will have direct access to the sandy beach. Each of the rooms exudes class with rustic feels created by the wooden furnishings. What’s more, is that their on-site restaurant sits near the orchid garden giving its guests the pleasure of seeing ornamental plants while enjoying the sumptuous meal that they serve.
- The orchid garden view is a delight while taking a hearty meal in the on-site resto
- Two spas where guests can rejuvenate
- The faucets’ water pressure isn’t that strong
- The pool is not big enough
Best Hotels in Phu Quoc
When talking about where to stay in Phu Quoc, we won’t just talk about resorts because each and every traveller prefers different things. And if you’re preference compels you to go for the best hotels, have a look at the following accommodations and pick the one you’ll love the most:
Coral Bay Resort
Coral Bay Resort is near the beach, guests will have easy access to a private beach and an outdoor pool just a few feet away from the sand. Aside from that, this accommodation in Phu Quoc is next to awesome restaurants, bars, and grocery stores.
Each room is equipped with modern amenities, AC, comfortable bed and pillows, TV, and bathroom with amenities.
- Front-beach resort
- Ideal for family guests, they offer family rooms
- Rooms with the view of the sea to enjoy the sunset
- If your room is in the bungalow, you might hear noises late night since it’s right next to a bar
Azura can be the best place to stay in Phu Quoc, especially for plant lovers. With a surrounding covered in greens landscaped to almost perfection, you’ll be sure that your vacation is going to be as relaxing as it can be. What’s more, is that it is just five minutes away from Long Beach.
- The picture-perfect swimming pools
- The on-site spa will give Azura’s guests the VIP treatment they so deserve
- There is a currency exchange service
- The road is not well-paved to reach the hotel
Phuong Binh House
If convenience is at the top of your priorities when asking yourself where to stay in Phu Quoc, you’ve got yourself a pick. Phuong Binh House is only 400 meters from the Coi Nguon Museum.
It is also close to other major attractions, such as the Duong Dong town which is just three kilometres away, and the Su Muon Pagoda which is away by six kilometres. All units in this hotel are fitted with modern facilities, while select rooms have access to a fantastic ocean view.
- Being centrally-located is the hotel’s main selling point
- Well-sized swimming pool with fun lights in the evening
- Limited rooms are with balcony
- Internet speed needs improvement
Each bungalow unit has a homey feel. Simple, yet clean and elegant, made more calming by the hotel’s well-maintained garden. The accommodation offers continental breakfast for its guests, and if convenience is what you’re looking for, knowing that it’s just two minutes from Long Beach will make you pick this hotel.
- On-site coffee shop
- An attractive garden
- The hotel is close to the beach
- Some units are not fitted with a TV
Best Hostels in Phu Quoc
If you are looking to save money on accommodation or meet some travellers, a hostel is a great choice. You can enjoy paradise without spending way too much. Here’s a list of our recommended best hostels in Phu Quoc
Nani Homestay/Na Ni Hostel
What makes this hostel in Phu Quoc memorable is its ability to make its guests feel like they are staying in a home. A plain and simple accommodation with free Wi-Fi to keep you connected, and a shared lounge for socializing.
Also, this accommodation offers convenient access to some attractions, such as the Coi Nguon Museum which is just about a kilometre away, and less than two kilometres from Sung Hung Pagoda.
- Its simple, minimalist atmosphere is a breath of fresh air in modern and luxurious accommodations.
- Shared kitchen to cook your own meals
- Bike rental available
- Shared Wi-Fi can be frustrating especially during peak season
The Vibe House
This hostel in Phu Quoc offers a balance between partying and relaxation. There’s plenty of opportunities for guests to party with one another. If you want to stay fit while enjoying the local sceneries, take advantage of the free bicycle and roam around the area. If you want a laid back day, they’ve got hammocks where you can rest, read a book, or take a nap after a long day.
- The hostel is located in the non-touristy area so you can enjoy the relaxing vibe
- Common area with hammocks
- They serve breakfast
- Mosquitoes can be a challenge if you are hanging around at night in the open areas
9 Station Hostel and Bar
9 Station is fun with rustic, yet elegant rooms. It also features a clean and stylish swimming pool. The on-site bar and resto mean you won’t have to be bothered looking for a place to dine and drink. But drinking and eating aren’t the only means to socialize here. They also have a gaming area where you can compete in a game of pool and even soccer with a fellow traveller.
- Tasteful-designed rooms
- They have an on-site bar and restaurant and a gaming area, too
- Smoking is allowed indoors
- The rooms have poor soundproofing
FINAL THOUGHTS ON PLACES TO STAY IN PHU QUOC
Figuring out where to stay in Phu Quoc should be one of the priorities if you’re thinking of visiting this touristy spot in Vietnam. The accommodation can make or break your experience of the city.
We really hope that we’ve helped you find where to stay in Phu Quoc for your well-deserved vacation. If you have questions, suggestions, or if you’d like to share your own recommendation, feel free to leave a comment below.