We, at Move To Vietnam uses a lot of website tools as expats in Vietnam. As the main purpose of this site, we aim to give tips and recommendations all based on our own experiences. To make it easier for our readers, we created this resources page to place every website tools we recommend.
Please also be aware that some links may be affiliated. Being an associate with the few brands, we earn from qualifying purchases which we use to keep the website running for free. Although with commission or not, we still highly recommend these services and products.
- Booking.com – for any type of holiday accommodation
- HostelWorld – best place to find the suitable hostel for you
- HotelsCombined – is another booking site for accommodation which pulls out the cheapest hotels around the world
- Bookaway – search for the best way to travel around Vietnam in a different mode of transportation
- 12.go.asia – get around Southeast Asia on a bus, train, or ferry
- Flight ticket – onward flight ticket proof (required when you enter Vietnam)
- iVisa– for your evisa, online invitation (short term or long term). iVisa is our preferred website, they are fast, very reliable, and definitely affordable
- Apply Vietnam visa (Business visa) – if you need a business visa, we recommend you use this site
- Apply Vietnam visa (US citizen only – Tourist) – US citizens can apply for a 1-year tourist visa or 1-year business visa
- MyTEFL – If you are planning to teach English in Vietnam, you will be needing a TEFL certificate. MyTEFL is a website where you can do your online certificate. To get 35% off discount, use this code VIETNAM35
- Get Your Guide – because we support local tour companies and providers
- Klook – a tour booking website that specialised Southeast Asia
- IMG GLOBAL – I highly recommend IMG Global for your international travel insurance, they are affordable and very reliable when needing assistance. They also accommodate expats, which I personally find useful.
- WORLD NOMADS – travel insurance well-known in the backpacking world and digital nomads, it covers not only the usual medical assistance but also covers your gadgets, your flights, luggage, and more. It’s perfect for those who are travelling with expensive cameras, laptops, who are planning to do very dangerous activities too.
- Evolve Mobility – The moving company we highly suggest. The first-ever Eco-friendly moving company, use recycled boxes to make a new one for you which helps the massive recyclable garbage Vietnam is facing.