Moving to Vietnam is not as easy as it sounds but definitely more accessible than moving to Europe or North America if you are from Asia, Africa, or Latin America. The process for moving to Vietnam can be tedious not to mention the paperwork.
Luckily, Vietnam gave plenty of options to aspiring expats and those who are only in Vietnam for a short business meeting to battle the whole paperwork depending on your situation. If you are not ready to entirely make the move yet, you don’t need to go through the atrocious process; instead, you can get a “Vietnam business visa” first.
And that’s what I’m here to walk you through about – how to apply for Vietnamese business visa and what to expect.
- Why move to Vietnam – reasons to move
- Types of Vietnam visa
- How to apply for Vietnam visa for tourists
- Fastest way to extend your Vietnam visa
WHAT IS VIETNAMESE BUSINESS VISA
Vietnamese business visa is a type of visa that lets you do a lot of things compared to a tourist visa. It’s the first step into getting a legal residence permit in Vietnam.
This visa lets you enter, travel, conduct a business meeting, stay, sign up an apartment, apply for jobs, and start a job legally. This is also a requirement to apply for a work permit which will lead you to get a Temporary Residence Card.
WAYS TO GET A VIETNAMESE BUSINESS VISA
Full disclaimer, I only know three ways to get a Vietnam business visa. So, I’ll only talk about these options, there might be a way to get it from the Embassy or Consulate, but I don’t have the right information.
You can get a business visa for Vietnam online, through an employer, and through a travel or visa agent. Let me show you how:
The easiest way to get a Vietnam business visa is just at your fingertips. As long as you have a device, internet connection, a bank card or PayPal, you can start your application going.
The government doesn’t have a service or site to do this since you will need a hosting company. The best way is to find your trusted site and do it with them.
Move To Vietnam recommends this site, the process is straight forward, and there are plenty of options on how to pay. Their support is also impeccable, they respond fast and have almost 24/7 website chat assistance.
Through an employer
If you already found an employer, we recommend you ask them if they can help you process a business visa. They should already have offered you this instead of advising you to get a tourist visa.
This is another way to tell if your employer is ethical and wants to do things legally. They may or may not shoulder the costs, make sure to clarify this before signing or agreeing with anything.
ALSO READ: A guide on how to move to Vietnam
Through a travel or visa agent
If you are travelling in Vietnam right now or have travelled here before, you probably have come across a travel agency or visa agent already. If you trust them, you can contact them in assisting you to get a business visa.
Vietnam business visa invitation letter that you will receive after you applied online which you have to print and present at the immigration
HOW TO GET A VIETNAMESE BUSINESS VISA – ONLINE
In this section, I’ll walk you through the process of getting a business visa for Vietnam step-by-step. I’ll also show you the requirements and the expected cost. To be honest, it’s a straightforward process, it’s no harder than getting a tourists visa.
Please note that depending on the way you want to apply, the process, requirements, and costs may change. What I’ll show right now is how-to for it online.
- Valid passport – we recommend it to have longer than 10 months, if it’s less than that, now is the time to renew your passport
- Travel details – when you are entering Vietnam, which border point (airport or land), and when are you expecting to leave
- Contact details
- Onward flight ticket – get one for only $15-$19
- Go to this site
- Choose business visa
- Enter your travel details – review before proceeding, make sure to use an email address that is active and that you can access
- Enter your personal details – review before hitting next
- One last time, review all the details – it is important to get everything right because making an error can cause hassle and extra costs
- You will receive an email that your application has been received
- Once you receive your business visa letter, print this, it will be the document you will show at the immigration when you land
Please be aware that the cost can vary depending the site or person you will have your Vietnamese business visa to be processed. To help you give an idea:
- 1 month,single entry: $85
- 3 months, single entry: $105
- 3 months, multiple entries: $110
- 1 year, multiple entries: $210 only for US passport holders
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER: You will have to pay between $25 to $135 depending on the number of entries and validity for a visa sticker when you arrive at the immigration.
So that’s it for me. I hope you find this guide on how to get a Vietnamese business visa useful.
If you have applied for business visa for Vietnam through an embassy or consulate, let us know how did it go in the comment section below.